August 8, 2017 IO Executive Marni Dicker Named One of Top 25 Lawyers in Canada
Article by: Cision
Canadian Lawyer Magazine today named Marni Dicker, Infrastructure Ontario’s Chief Commercial Officer, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, one of Canada’s Top 25 Lawyers. Dicker was recognized under the category of In-House Counsel by professional peers.
The Top 25 list was based on nominees selected by an internal panel, accomplished members of the bar and the magazine’s editorial team. Voting was opened up to the profession to participate in selecting the finalists.
The Magazine describes the list as “Encompassing deal-makers, achievers, leading (General Counsels), highly-recommended practitioners and other lawyers who have impacted our lives, laws, business and government – this list pulls from the complete universe of the legal profession to include those who have had the most impact in the past 12 – 18 months.”
Ms. Dicker is responsible for all of Infrastructure Ontario’s transaction structuring, and leads the Legal Services, Procurement, Transaction Finance, Commercial Projects, Business Strategy and Communications teams.
- Infrastructure Ontario (IO) is a Crown agency owned by the Province of Ontario. It provides a wide range of services to support the Ontario government’s initiatives to modernize and maximize the value of public infrastructure and real estate.
- Ms. Dicker’s team works with all IO business units to deliver the complex projects handled by IO, whether civil projects like transit, transportation or bridges, or social projects, such as hospitals and colleges
“We define ‘influential’ as not just about bright stars, big deals, or number of media mentions —although those may play a part. It’s about people who have power, and influence the laws, justice system, legal profession, and civil society in Canadaand abroad today.”
– Canadian Lawyer Magazine
“It’s an honour to be recognized by my peers in the legal industry as one of Canada’s Top 25 Lawyers. My amazing team at Infrastructure Ontario motivates me to be a better leader every day. They have played a big part in my success.”
– Marni Dicker, Chief Commercial Officer, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
“Marni is a valuable member of our executive leadership team. We are delighted she has received this acknowledgement and applaud her success. The Board of Directors relies on Marni’s legal and business expertise to ensure that IO’s work continues to be an industry success story.”
– Linda Robinson, Chair, IO Board of Directors
“Marni plays a critical leadership role on all of our commercial decisions. Her legal and business experience is a real advantage to Infrastructure Ontario’s mission to protect the public interest.”
– Ehren Cory, IO President and CEO